Send email from Gmail with custom address
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to add a custom email address to Gmail, then setting it up to be able to send mail as that address.
- Go to Gmail.com.
- Either create a new Gmail account, or login to an existing one.
- Towards the top-right, click on the Settings Cog, then click on Settings.
- Click on the Accounts and Import tab.
- In the Send mail as: section, click on Add another email address you own.
- In the pop-up window that comes up, enter in the name and email address for the account you're adding, un-check Treat as an alias, and click Next Step >>
- On the next page leave the option Sent through Gmail (eaiser to setup)selected, then click Next Step >>
- Now you need to verify you have access to the email account we've entered, on the next page click on Send Verification.
- Check your email account, and either click on the verification link, or copy the confirmation code that Gmail emails you into the text box for it, and click on Verify.
- Back on the Accounts and Import tab we can now see our new account added, go ahead and click on Compose.
- Now in the From drop-down, select our new account, then enter in the rest of your message and click Send.
- Now check the account you send the message to, you should see it was sent from the new account we've added, and also mailed by gmail.com.